Welcome to Katahdin Shadows Campground and Cabins
A Unique Four-Season Camping Experience
Welcome to Katahdin Shadows Campground
Come visit a truly unique family-owned and operated campground located in the shadows of Katahdin and at the gateway to the Great North Maine Woods.
Visit Baxter State Park, a wilderness "forever wild", take a rafting trip down the wild West Branch of the Penobscot River, enjoy hours of outstanding fishing, or stay right at the campground and take part in the activities each and every weekend!
Whether you sleep in a tent, bring your own camper, or stay in one of our cabins, we're sure that your stay at Katahdin Shadows Campground will be one to remember.
What We Offer
Besides spectacular scenery and a great chance to spend some time with nature, we have many things to offer here at Katahdin Shadows:
- A variety of sites, both wooded and open, from primitive tent sites to full-hookup RV sites with water, electricity, and sewer.
- Fire rings and picnic tables on every site.
- Heated cabins accomodating anywhere from 4 to 12 people. Our cabins that sleep 6 and up include fully equipped kitchenettes.
- Fully stocked store with souvenirs, groceries, camping supplies, ice, and firewood.
- Propane filling on-site.
- Free morning coffee to help you start your day.
- Activities every weekend, including arts and crafts, hayrides, and many specially-themed weekends throughout the summer.
- Bunny rabbits roaming the campground, searching for visitors to feed them a carrot or two!
Make Katahdin Shadows Campground your next vacation destination. We'll be sure you leave with a smile on your face.